Search This Blog

Friday 13 November 2015

You Say You're Free-Dan Hill

You say you're free
Well your freedom's killing me
And I feel just like a statue
To be admired from a distance
My love collides with your resistance
Then bounces back inside of me
You say you're strong
Well your strength just shatters me
As I scramble for my pieces
But the puzzle keeps repeating
It seems so self-defeating
How we plan each move so carefully
[Chorus:]
And still we both hang on
We risk a night and greet the down
AN affair for you - for me a song
Then suddenly it's over
Two cynics passing through
I blew it - I fell in love with you
The thing I swore I'd never do
And now m love just turns you colder
you say you're trying to find yourself
Well I know how hard that is
And I wish that I could help you
To share while like keeps teaching
To share while you keep reaching
But you prefer to reach out privately
[Repeat Chorus]
you say you're free
Well you freedom's killing me
And I feel just like a statue
to be admired from a distance
My love collides with your resistance
Then bounces back inside of me
The pattern goes on endlessly

No comments:

Post a Comment