Search This Blog

Sunday 5 April 2015

If The Good Die Young-Tracy Lawrence

It was Sunday morning I was seven years old in the backyard playing in a big mud hole
I was all decked out ready for church and my brand new suit was all covered in dirt
Mama hit the ceiling she was fit to be tied talking bout how she's gonna tan my hide
Daddy was laughing as I changed my clothes said mama leave the boy alone
Cause if the good die young if the good die young
Mama's little boy gonna have a lot of fun
Cause he's gonna live forever if the good die young
[ guitar ]
Ten years later I had a hot rod Ford constable clocked me at a hundred and four
Judge said boy you're gonna hurt yourself
You'd a long been dead if you were anybody else
Cause if the good die young if the good die young
Oh there ain't a sentence gonna hold you son
Cause you're gonna live forever if the good die young
[ fiddle ]
Well I've got a good heart I wouldn't hurt a soul
But I'm gonna keep rocking till they call that roll
Old St Pete he's gonna have to wait I'm gonna go to Heaven but I might be late
Cause if the good die young Lord if the good die young
Pedal to the metal let your motor run
Cause I'm gonna live forever if the good die young
If the good die young Lord if the good die young
They got the jams I got the fun
I'm gonna live forever if the good die young
Yeah I'm gonna live forever if the good die young

No comments:

Post a Comment